Biznes Finanse HR Podatki Polecane Pracownik Prawo

Key Government Institutions in Poland for Indian Employees

government institutions in poland crucial for indian employees

For Indian employees working in Poland, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the main government institutions you may interact with during your stay. Understanding their roles and responsibilities will help you navigate your way through various processes, such as obtaining permits, accessing social services, and paying taxes. This article will provide an overview of some of the most relevant Polish government institutions for Indian employees.

Voivodeship Office (Urząd Wojewódzki):

The Voivodeship Office is responsible for handling matters related to foreigners living in Poland, including work permits, temporary residence permits, and visa extensions. When applying for a work permit or visa extension, you will need to visit the appropriate Voivodeship Office in the region where you live.

Labour Office (Urząd Pracy):

The Labour Office is responsible for overseeing employment matters, such as job placements, employment contracts, and unemployment benefits. If you face any issues related to your employment or need assistance in finding a job, you can contact your local Labour Office for help.

Social Insurance Institution (Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych, ZUS):

ZUS is responsible for managing Poland’s social insurance system, including pension, health, and disability insurance. As an employee in Poland, you will be required to register with ZUS and make monthly contributions to the system. Your employer should handle the registration process on your behalf.

Tax Office (Urząd Skarbowy):

The Tax Office is responsible for managing income tax collection and ensuring compliance with tax laws. As a foreign employee in Poland, you will need to pay income tax on your earnings. Your employer will usually handle tax deductions from your salary. However, if you have additional income or need to file a tax return, you may need to contact your local Tax Office for assistance.

National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia, NFZ):

The NFZ is responsible for administering Poland’s public healthcare system. As an employee in Poland, you will be eligible for public healthcare services through the NFZ. To access these services, you will need to present your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Polish insurance number (PESEL) at healthcare facilities.

Educational Institutions:

Poland’s educational institutions, such as schools and universities, are overseen by the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. If you have children who will attend school in Poland, you will need to contact the local education authorities to enroll them in the appropriate school.

Navigating government institutions in a new country can be challenging. By familiarizing yourself with the roles and responsibilities of these key Polish government institutions, you can ensure a smoother and more comfortable experience while living and working in Poland. is dedicated to making the lives of Indian employees in Poland more manageable by providing comprehensive assistance in navigating the various government institutions mentioned above. By utilizing the services of, you can save valuable time, effort, and money, allowing you to focus on your work and enjoy your experience in Poland. Trusting to handle all necessary interactions with these institutions on your behalf will ensure a seamless and stress-free experience as you embark on your journey as an employee in Poland.

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *